My Favorite Healthy Cookies!
Here is my favorite healthy cookie recipe! It is peanut butter chocolate chip flavored! Trying to eat clean and still enjoy yummy foods is pretty tough. So I found a recipe online and tweaked it to my liking, now I am going to share it with you guys!
- 1 cup slightly processed quick oats (put them in a blender or food processor for a second to process them.
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (no processed crap)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (or whatever you desire)
- 2 table spoons agave syrup to sweeten (You can add refined sugar if you like, about 1/8 of a cup or whatever to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs (or three egg whites. 1/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees ferinheight.
- Take 1 cup of quick oats and toss them in a blender or a food processor for a couple seconds. Do not process too much, you still want to be able to tell there are oat flakes!
- Add oats to large bowl, and add the rest of the ingredients.
- MIX! If the batter is too thick (looks dry like pasty dough) then carefully add some olive oil or some other fat.
- Prep a cookie sheet, either spray it with cooking oil or put some parchment paper on it.
- Make golf balls out of the batter and put the balls with about 1 inch between them on the tray. Do not worry too much about the space, these cookies do not expand alot.
- With a small bowl of milk (cow, almond or soy) dipping a fork into the milk press down the cookies gently to flatten them only a little bit. The milk helps the cookies not stick to your fork.
- Put the tray into the heated oven and let them cook for 10 minutes.
- Voila! Now you have decently healthy cookies. They should still be a bit gooey on the inside.
Thank you for reading! I love these cookies so much. I like to keep mine on the not-so-sweet side, and this recipe reflects that. But feel free to add more sugar/sweetener to your liking.
These cookies are the best with a cup of coffee.